Gopy Community Guidelines
Our community guidelines serve as the foundation for fostering a safe, respectful, and inclusive environment for all members. We believe in promoting open dialogue, constructive discussions, and mutual respect. By adhering to these guidelines, we aim to cultivate a vibrant community where diverse perspectives are valued and everyone feels welcome to share their thoughts and engage in meaningful exchanges.
Every day, people use GOPY to share their stories, observe the community through the eyes of others, connect with colleagues, make friends, and for various other social purposes. We understand the importance of GOPY as a platform where everyone, especially employees, can communicate, express opinions, share information, seek advice, and engage in discussions related to GOPY. We take our role seriously in maintaining a safe and abuse-free environment. That's why we have developed a set of Community Standards that clearly define what is and isn't allowed on GOPY. These standards apply to all types of content globally. While hate speech is prohibited, there may be instances where content that doesn't fall into that category can still be removed for violating our policies. The aim of our Community Guidelines is to create a safe space that encourages self-expression. We have carefully crafted our policies based on input from communities and experts in areas such as technology and public safety. Our policies are guided by the following principles: Safety Ensuring the safety of our community is paramount. We are committed to removing any content that promotes real-world harm, including physical, financial, and emotional harm. Voice We value diverse perspectives and prioritize the display of content, even if it may be disagreed upon, as long as its removal wouldn't pose a specific risk. Additionally, we may allow content that may violate our standards if it is deemed credible, meaningful, or important to the public interest. This is done after a thorough consideration of the potential public benefit versus the risk of real-world harm. Fairness Our communities are global and diverse, and so are our policies. We consistently and fairly apply our policies across regions, cultures, and languages. However, we acknowledge that sometimes our Community Guidelines may lack clarity, resulting in outcomes that contradict our intended purpose. Therefore, in certain cases where additional context is provided, decisions will be made based on the spirit of the policy rather than its literal interpretation. Every member of the GOPY community plays a crucial role in maintaining a safe and respectful platform. We encourage everyone to share responsibly, participate actively, and report any content that may violate our Community Guidelines. We have made it easy to report potentially infringing content, including pages, groups, profile pages, personal content, and comments for our review. Consequences for violating our Community Guidelines will vary depending on the severity of the violation and the user's history on the platform. While first-time violators may receive a warning, repeated violations may result in limitations on posting abilities or the disabling of their profile. In cases where there is a genuine threat of physical harm or a direct danger to the community's safety, we may also involve law enforcement. Our community standards act as a guide for communication on GOPY, and we will continue to refine and develop them over time. We kindly request all members of the GOPY community to adhere to these principles as we strive to maintain a positive and inclusive environment.
Section 1: Violence and Criminal Behavior
1. Violence and Incitement Policy Rationale Our aim is to prevent potential real-world hazards associated with content on GOPY. While we understand that people may express disdain or disagreement by using threatening or violent language, we will remove any content that incites or facilitates violent behavior. We take action by removing content, disabling accounts, and cooperating with law enforcement when there is a genuine risk of physical harm or a direct threat to the community's safety. We also consider language and context to differentiate unintentional statements from content that poses a potential threat to public or private safety. To assess the possibility of a threat, we may consider additional factors such as public visibility and the risks to physical safety. In some cases, we come across aspirational or conditional threats aimed at terrorists and other violent actors (e.g., ""Terrorists deserve to be killed""). However, unless there is specific evidence to the contrary, we do not deem such threats credible. Do not post: Threats that could lead to death (or other forms of high-severity violence) targeting individuals or locations. A threat is defined as any of the following: - Statements expressing intent to commit high-severity violence, including content where a symbol represents the target or includes visuals of weapons or methods associated with violence. - Calls for high-severity violence, including content where no specific target is mentioned but a symbol represents the target or includes visuals of weapons or methods associated with violence. - Statements advocating for high-severity violence or expressing the desire for acts of violence to be of a high severity. - Content that requests or provides services for hiring individuals (e.g., hitmen, mercenaries, assassins) to harm others or advocates for the use of such individuals against a target. - Admissions, statements of intent or advocacy, calls to action, or aspirational or conditional statements to kidnap a target. Threats that result in serious injury (or mid-severity violence) towards private individuals, unnamed specified persons, minor public figures, high-risk individuals, or high-risk groups. A threat is defined as any of the following: - Statements expressing intent to commit violence. - Statements advocating violence. - Calls for mid-severity violence, including content where no specific target is mentioned but a symbol represents the target. - Aspirational or conditional statements to commit violence. Content involving targets other than private individuals, minor public figures, high-risk individuals, or high-risk groups, provided there is credible evidence of: - Intent to commit violence. - Calls to action for violence. - Statements advocating violence. - Aspirational or conditional statements to commit violence. Threats that result in physical harm (or other forms of lower-severity violence) towards private individuals (self-reporting required) or minor public figures. A threat is defined as any of the following: - Statements expressing intent, calls to action, advocacy, aspirational or conditional statements to commit low-severity violence. - Images edited to include text or graphic threats of violence against ordinary individuals or adolescents associated with our company. - Content created with the sole purpose of outing an individual as a member of a designated and recognizable at-risk group. Instructions on making or using weapons if there is evidence of a goal to seriously injure or kill people. This includes: - Language explicitly stating the goal. - Photos or videos that depict or simulate serious injury or death as part of the instruction. - Exceptions apply when such content is shared for recreational self-defense, military training, commercial video games, or news coverage (posted by a Page or with a news logo). Instructions on making or using explosives, unless the content has clear context indicating a non-violent purpose (e.g., commercial video games, scientific/educational purposes, fireworks, or fishing-specific purposes). Content containing statements of intent, calls to action, conditional or aspirational statements, or advocacy for violence related to voting, voter registration, or the administration/outcome of an election. Statements of intent or advocacy, calls to action, or aspirational or conditional statements to bring weapons to various locations, including but not limited to places of worship, educational facilities, polling places, or locations involved in vote counting or administration (or encouraging others to do the same).
2. Dangerous Individuals and Organizations Policy Rationale With the objective of preventing and disrupting real-world harm, we prohibit the presence of organizations or individuals on Gopy who promote violence or engage in violent activities. This includes organizations or individuals involved in the following: - Terrorist activities - Organized hate - Mass murder (including attempts) or multiple murder - Human trafficking - Organized violence or criminal activity Additionally, we remove content that expresses support or admiration for groups, leaders, or individuals involved in these activities. For more information on our efforts to combat online terrorism, please visit our dedicated page. The following individuals (alive or deceased) and groups are not allowed to have a presence on our platform, including having an account, Page, or Group: Terrorist organizations and terrorists: - A terrorist organization is defined as a non-governmental organization that engages in planned violence against people or property to threaten civilians, governments, or international organizations in order to achieve political, religious, or ideological goals. - Members of terrorist organizations or individuals involved in terrorist acts are considered terrorists. - A terrorist act is defined as a planned act of violence by a non-governmental individual, directed at people or property to threaten civilians, governments, or international organizations in order to achieve political, religious, or ideological goals or propagate ideas. Hate organizations and their leaders and prominent members: - A hate organization is defined as an association of three or more individuals organized under a name, sign, or symbol that promotes an ideology, statements, or physical actions targeting individuals based on characteristics such as race, religious affiliation, nationality, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, serious disease, or disability. Mass and multiple murderers: - We consider a homicide to be a mass murder if it results in four or more deaths. - An individual who has committed at least two homicides in multiple cases or locations is considered a serial murderer. - Our evaluations are based on collected information and apply to any mass murderer who meets the following criteria: - Convicted of mass murder - Killed by law enforcement during the commission of a mass murder offense - Committed suicide at the murder scene or after committing mass murders - Identified by law enforcement through photographs of the crime Human trafficking groups and their leaders: - Human trafficking groups are held accountable for engaging in activities such as forced prostitution, forced labor, slavery, or illegal organ procurement. - These groups recruit, transport, transfer, detain, provide, conceal, or receive minors or adults against their will. Criminal organizations, leaders, and key members: - A criminal organization is defined as a recognized association of three or more individuals operating under the same name, flag color, or distinguishing symbol, involved in or posing a threat of engaging in criminal activities, including (but not limited to) killing, drug dealing, weapon sales, identity theft, money laundering, extortion, illegal trafficking, attack, kidnapping, and sexual exploitation (as listed in sections 7 and 8). Symbols representing the aforementioned organizations or individuals are not allowed to be shared on our platform unless there is context condemning or neutrally discussing the content. We prohibit content that praises any of the aforementioned organizations or individuals, as well as any acts committed by them. We also prohibit the coordination of support for any of the aforementioned organizations or individuals or any acts committed by them.
3. Encouraging or Promoting Criminal Behaviors Policy Rationale We strictly prohibit the encouragement or promotion of violence, robbery, and/or fraud. We do not condone these activities as they can pose a risk of emulation. Additionally, individuals are not allowed to describe criminal activities or confess to crimes committed by themselves or their associates. However, we permit discussions or justifications of the legitimacy of criminal activities, as well as references to them in a metaphorical or ironic manner. Do not post: Content that describes, acknowledges, or promotes the following offenses committed by you or your associates: - Acts of physical harm towards individuals - Physical harm to animals, excluding hunting, fishing, religious sacrifices, or the preparation/handling of food - Poaching or selling endangered animals or their body parts - Staged fights between animals - Theft - Vandalism or destruction of property - Cheating - Illegal trade as mentioned in section 2 - Sexual assault or sexual exploitation, including the forms mentioned in sections 7 and 8
4. Coordinating Harm and Publicizing Crime Policy Rationale As part of our commitment to preventing and disrupting offline harm, we have strict rules against facilitating, organizing, promoting, or admitting to certain criminal or harmful activities directed at individuals, businesses, property, or animals. While we allow discussions and advocacy for the legality of such activities, as well as raising awareness of witnessed or experienced harm or criminal behavior, it is important to note that advocating for or coordinating harm is strictly prohibited. Do not post: Content depicting, admitting to, or promoting acts of physical harm, including: - Acts of physical harm against individuals - Physical harm to animals, excluding hunting, fishing, religious sacrifices, or the preparation/handling of food - Staged fights between animals - Theft - Vandalism or destruction of property - Harassing others by falsely reporting them to local emergency teams Fraudulent activities, which involve intentional deception to gain profit from another person or illegally obtaining money, property, or other legal rights. Examples of fraudulent activities include, but are not limited to: - Bribery - Embezzlement - Money laundering (disguising the source of money obtained from illegal activities) - Supporting and/or facilitating the misuse of payment cards - Voter fraud, which encompasses any attempt to buy or sell ballot papers for cash or gifts Voter intimidation, which involves distorting information related to voting registration or voting processes, such as the date, place, time, methods, eligibility, and required documentation for voting. Arranged marriages involving refugees or individuals forced to leave their residence but still remaining within the country. Illegal trade as mentioned in section 2. Sexual assault or sexual exploitation, including the forms mentioned in sections 7 and 8. Providing or supporting human trafficking services. Content that describes, promotes, supports, or encourages participation in viral high-risk challenges, including content without captions or content expressing a neutral emotion.
5. Regulated Goods Policy Rationale In order to prioritize safety and compliance with legal restrictions, we strictly prohibit individuals, manufacturers, and retailers from purchasing, selling, or trading non-medical drugs, pharmaceutical drugs, and marijuana on GOPY. Additionally, the purchase, sale, gifting, exchange, and transfer of firearms, firearm parts, ammunition, and explosives between private individuals is not allowed on our platform. While some of these items may not be regulated in all locations, due to the global nature of our community, we strive to enforce our policies consistently. Firearms stores and online retailers may promote items available for sale outside of our services, provided they comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Discussions about firearm sales, firearm parts, and advocating for changes to firearm regulation are allowed. Regulated goods not explicitly prohibited by our Community Guidelines may still be subject to our stricter Trade Policies. Do not post: Content related to non-medical drugs: - Cooperating with or encouraging others to sell non-medical drugs - Describing, admitting to, attempting to buy, or promoting the sale of non-medical drugs by the poster or their contributors - Speaking positively, encouraging, coordinating, or providing instructions for the use or production of non-medical drugs - Acknowledgment, written or oral, of personal use of non-medical drugs, unless shared in a recovery context Content describing the sale or attempting to buy marijuana or pharmaceutical drugs, including: - References to or descriptions of marijuana/pharmaceuticals - Demonstrating an attempt to sell or trade related to the above, such as indicating the product is for sale, barter, or distribution, offering it for sale, providing a price listing, or encouraging people to contact for the product by sharing contact information - Expressing a desire to purchase the product or inquiring if anyone sells/trades it Content intended to provide, sell, give away, trade, or transfer firearms, gun parts, ammunition, or explosives among private individuals, unless posted by a site representing a physical store, a legal website, a brand, or a government agency (e.g., police department, fire department). This includes content that: - Refers to or describes firearms, gun parts, ammunition, explosives, or 3D printed files of firearms/gun parts - Attempts to sell or trade firearms or related items, indicating they are for sale/exchange, offering them for sale, providing a price listing or stating they are free - Encourages people to contact for the product by sharing contact information - Expresses a desire to purchase the product or asks if anyone sells/trades it 3D gun printing files or instructions for making guns using 3D printers or CNC milling machines, including links to websites providing such files or instructions. Only a Page representing a physical store, legitimate website, or brand is allowed to advertise these items within our services for promotional purposes, provided the retailers comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Descriptions of transactions (purchases or sales) involving human organs and/or blood, including: - Referring to or describing human organs and/or blood - Indicating the availability of human organs and/or blood for purchase/sale - Listing prices or expressing a desire to negotiate prices - Encouraging contact to facilitate the purchase and sale of organs and/or human blood Content attempting to sell live animals among private individuals. Content coordinating or supporting the poaching or sale of endangered species and their parts. Content attempting to offer, sell, give away, trade, or transfer alcoholic/tobacco products among private individuals. This includes content that: - Mentions or describes alcoholic beverages/tobacco - Attempts to sell or trade such products, indicating they are for sale/exchange, offering them for sale, providing a price listing, or stating they are free - Is not posted by a site representing a physical store, website, or legitimate brand Content that promotes physical stores, legitimate websites, or brands, or is posted by these entities themselves, to coordinate or promote the sale/transfer of firearms, gun parts, ammunition, or explosives. This includes content that: - Indicates the product is for sale or transfer - Offers the product for sale or provides a price listing, stating it is free - Encourages people to contact for the product by sharing contact information Content describing the sale or attempted purchase of knives, including: - Mentioning or describing knives or weapons with sharp blades - Stating the product is for sale, barter, or distribution - Offering the product for sale, providing a price listing, or indicating it is free - Encouraging contact regarding the product by sharing contact information Content that promotes physical stores, legitimate websites, or brands, or is posted by these entities themselves, to coordinate or promote the sale/transfer of alcoholic beverages/tobacco products outside of GOPY's services. This includes content that: - Mentions or describes alcoholic beverages/tobacco - Indicates the product is for sale/exchange - Offers the product for sale, provides a price listing, or states it is free - Encourages people to contact for the product by sharing contact information
Section 2: Safety
1. Suicide and Self-Injury Policy Rationale In order to foster a safe environment on GOPY, we have a policy in place to remove content that promotes suicide or self-injury, including certain real-time descriptions and images that experts have identified as potentially harmful and capable of influencing others to engage in similar behaviors. Self-injury refers to deliberate and intentional bodily harm, including self-amputation and eating disorders. It is our goal to create a platform where people can share their experiences, raise awareness about these issues, and offer support to one another. Therefore, we allow discussions about suicide and self-injury. We collaborate with organizations worldwide that specialize in assisting individuals in distress. We consult with experts in the field of suicide and self-injury to gather insights and information to inform our policies and practices. For instance, experts have advised us against allowing live videos showcasing self-injuring behaviors, as it is crucial for family members and authorities to have the opportunity to intervene and provide resources. We will promptly remove any content that identifies and targets victims or survivors of self-injury or suicide, regardless of whether it is presented in a serious, humorous, or speculative manner. Do not post: - Content that advocates, encourages, coordinates, or provides guidance for self-harm behavior - Suicidal content - Self-injury content - Eating disorder content - Content that describes or showcases images of self-harm Our policy strictly prohibits the posting of content that describes a person committing suicide or content that depicts deceased individuals as a result of suicide. Additionally, content that primarily focuses on describing body features related to eating disorders, such as ribs, clavicles, thighs, hips, concave abdomen, or protruding spine/scapula, is not allowed. Furthermore, content that provides a guide to unsafe weight loss accompanied by phrases related to eating disorders is prohibited. The following content is only available for adults aged 18 and above. A sensitivity warning screen will be added to inform viewers that the content may be offensive: - Reportable photos or videos depicting a person's death from suicide - Photos or videos depicting a person engaging in euthanasia within a medical setting For the following content, a sensitivity warning screen will be added to inform viewers that the content may be offensive: - Content that describes past self-harm cases, such as healed cuts or non-repugnant images of self-harm in a recovery setting - Content that depicts body features related to eating disorders, such as ribs, clavicles, thigh slits, hips, concave abdomen, or protruding spine/shoulder blades in a recovery setting We provide resources to assist individuals who post written or verbal content confessing to engaging in self-injury, including: - Suicidal content - Assisted suicide/euthanasia - Self-harm content - Eating disorder content
2. Child Sexual Exploitation, Abuse, and Nudity Policy Rationale We strictly prohibit content that sexually exploits or endangers children. If we become aware of any apparent child exploitation, we promptly report it to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) in compliance with applicable law. While we understand that some people may share nude images of their own children with good intentions, we generally remove such images due to the potential for abuse by others and to prevent unauthorized reuse or misappropriation. We collaborate with external experts, including the GOPY Safety Advisory Board, to discuss and enhance our policies and enforcement related to online safety issues, particularly concerning children. You can learn more about the technology we employ to combat child exploitation. Do not post: Content that depicts or supports the sexual exploitation of children, whether real or non-real minors, toddlers, or babies. This includes but is not limited to: - Engaging in any sexual activity involving children - Soliciting or arranging real-world sexual encounters with minors or sharing nudity - Soliciting or arranging real-world sexual encounters or obtaining sexual material directly from a minor - Adults soliciting minors - Minors soliciting minors - Displaying nudity to minors - Minors soliciting adults - Using products and features on our website for the purpose of soliciting minors Content (including images, videos, real-world arts, digital content, and text) that describes: - Any sexual activity involving minors - Sexual intercourse between minors and animals - Children depicted with sexual elements, including but not limited to: - Restraints - Focus on genitals - Presence of aroused adults - Presence of sex toys - Sexualized costumes - Stripping - Staged environments (e.g., on a bed) or professionally shot (quality/focus/angles) - Open-mouth kissing Content that depicts child nudity, where nudity is defined as: - Visible genitalia, even when covered or obscured by transparent clothing - Visible anus and/or fully nude close-up of buttocks - Uncovered female nipples - No clothes from neck to knee, even if no genitalia are shown - Digitally-created depictions of nude minors, toddlers, or babies, unless the image is for health or educational purposes
3. Sexual Exploitation of Adults Policy Rationale We acknowledge the significance of GOPY as a platform for discussing and raising awareness about sexual violence and exploitation. We believe these discussions play a vital role in fostering communities and mutual understanding. To create a safe space for these conversations, we remove content that describes, threatens, or promotes violence, abuse, or sexual exploitation. Additionally, we prohibit content that displays, endorses, or facilitates sexual activities involving non-consenting individuals or prostitution services, including solicitation and paid sexual services. Our aim is to prevent transactions that may involve trafficking, coercion, and forced sexual activity. In order to protect victims and survivors, we also remove images depicting sexual violence and intimate images that have been shared without the person's consent. We utilize technology to detect and suppress such intimate images, and our practices are guided by extensive research. We have also developed a guide for reporting and removing non-consensual intimate photos. Do not post: Content involving any form of non-consensual sexual touching, crushing, necrophilia, bestiality, or forced stripping, including: - Depictions (including real photos/videos) - Advocacy (including aspirational and conditional statements) - Statements of intent - Calls for action - Threats, solicitations, or statements expressing an intent to share such imagery - Admissions of participation in any of the aforementioned activities Content that attempts to exploit individuals through any of the following: - Coercing money or intimate imagery from people by threatening to expose their intimate images or private information - Sharing non-consensual intimate imagery, also known as ""Revenge Porn,"" which meets the following criteria: - The image is non-commercial or produced in a private setting - The person in the image is (near) nude, engaged in sexual activity, or in a sexual pose - Lack of consent to share the image is indicated by: - Vengeful context (e.g., captions, comments, or page title) - Independent sources (e.g., law enforcement record or media confirmation of leaked images) - Visible match between the person depicted in the image and the person who reported the content to us, including sharing the same name Secretly taken non-commercial imagery of a real person's commonly sexualized body parts (e.g., breasts, groin, buttocks, or thighs) or of a real person engaged in sexual activity, commonly referred to as ""creepshots"" or ""upskirts."" This includes photos or videos that involve: - Threats or intentions to share intimate images without consent - Providing intimate images for others to view or share without consent Threats or statements of intent to share private conversations about sex that meet the following criteria: - Retaliatory and/or intimidating context - Visible match between the person depicted in the image and the person who reported the content to us, including sharing the same name Attempts to arrange prostitution services or engage in adult prostitution, such as asking/offering or inquiring about the price of sexual partner services or paid sadomasochistic or fetish services. For the following content, we will add a warning screen to inform people that the content may be offensive: Stories and statements that describe forced (oral or written) sexual touching, including explicit details or references to the act, under the following conditions: - The victim is the one sharing the story - A third party shares the story (not the victim) to support the victim, condemn the action, or help others understand based on context/caption
4. Bullying and Harassment Policy Rationale Bullying and harassment manifest in various forms, including threats, release of personal information, sending malicious messages, and unwanted contact. At GOPY, we prioritize the creation of a safe and respectful environment, and we do not tolerate such behavior as it undermines people's sense of safety. We differentiate between public figures and private individuals to allow for critical discussions related to public figures while offering further protection to private individuals. Minors are particularly vulnerable to the emotional impact of bullying and harassment, which is why we have enhanced protections for users aged 13 to 18. Context and intent are considered, and we allow people to post and share content if it is evident that their intention is to condemn or raise awareness about bullying and harassment. In certain cases, self-reporting is required to understand that the person targeted feels bullied or harassed. Alongside reporting such behavior and content, we encourage the use of available tools on GOPY to protect against bullying and harassment. Our Bullying Prevention Hub provides valuable resources for teenagers, parents, and educators seeking support and guidance on issues related to bullying. Do not: Repeatedly contact someone in an unwanted manner, sexually harass them, or target a large number of individuals without prior solicitation. Maliciously target someone by: - Attacking them based on their status as a victim of sexual assault, sexual exploitation, sexual harassment, or domestic abuse. - Calling for self-injury or suicide of a specific person or group of people. - Using derogatory terms related to sexual activity (e.g., whore, slut). - Posting content about violent tragedies or victims of violent tragedies, claiming that the tragedies did not occur. - Posting content about victims or survivors of violent tragedies, with claims that they are pretending to be victims or are being paid to mislead people about their role in the event. - Threatening to release an individual's private phone number, residential address, or email address. Creating Pages or Groups dedicated to attacking individuals by: - Calling for their death or contracting a medical condition. - Making statements advocating engaging in sexual activity. - Making claims that the individual has or may have a sexually transmitted disease. Sending messages that contain the following attacks when directed at an individual or group of individuals in a thread: - Targeted cursing. - Calls for death, serious disease, disability, epidemic disease, or physical harm. Targeting private individuals, involuntary public figures, or public figures who are minors with: - Calls for death or contracting a medical condition. - Claims about sexual activity or sexually transmitted diseases. Creating Pages or Groups to attack individuals through: - Targeted cursing. - Negative physical descriptions. - Claims about religious identity or blasphemy. - Expressions of contempt or disgust. Exposing public figures purposefully to: - Calls for death or contracting a medical condition (for adults). - Statements advocating engaging in sexual activity (for adults). - Claims about sexually transmitted diseases (for adults). - Calls for death or contracting a medical condition (for minors). - Comparisons to culturally perceived intellectually or physically inferior animals or insects, or inanimate objects (for minors). - Content manipulated to highlight or draw negative attention to specific physical characteristics (for minors). - Attacks through negative physical descriptions. - Content that ranks individuals based on physical appearance or personality. - Degrading or expressing disgust toward individuals depicted menstruating, urinating, vomiting, or defecating. - Degrading individuals depicted being physically bullied. Additionally, attacks through Pages or Groups include: - Negative character or ability claims. - Self-referential bullying (only if targeting more than one private individual). Targeting private adults (who must self-report) or any private minors or involuntary minor public figures with: - Targeted cursing. - Claims about romantic involvement, sexual orientation, or gender identity. - Content with hygiene problem. - Coordination, advocacy, or promotion of exclusion. - Negative character or ability claims (except in the context of criminal allegations against adults). - Expressions of contempt or disgust (except in the context of criminal allegations against adults). Targeting private individuals who are minors with: - Allegations about criminal or illegal behavior. - Videos of physical bullying shared in a non-condemning context. Targeting private individuals (who must self-report) with: - Self-referential bullying. - Unwanted manipulated imagery. - Comparison to other public, fictional, or private individuals based on physical appearance. - Claims of religious identity or blasphemy (except in high-risk countries where a Violence and Incitement policy is required). - Comparisons to animals or insects not culturally perceived as intellectually or physically inferior (e.g., tiger, lion). - Neutral or positive physical descriptions. - Non-negative character or ability claims. - Any bullying or harassment violation when shared in an endearing context. Attacks using derogatory terms related to a lack of sexual activity are not allowed. For the following, we will add a warning screen to inform users that the content may be offensive: Videos depicting bullying or physical violence against minors in the context of a fight, shared with condemning captions.
5. Privacy Violations and Image Privacy Rights Policy Rationale Privacy and the protection of personal information are of utmost importance to GOPY. We take extensive measures to secure your account and personal information, aiming to prevent any potential physical or financial harm. Posting or sharing other people's personal or confidential information without their prior consent is strictly prohibited. We also provide users with various reporting options for images they believe violate their privacy. Do not post: Content that facilitates identity theft by posting or requesting personally identifiable information, including (but not limited to): - Identity card number, Social Security number, passport number, or identification number - Government-issued identity documents - Student IDs and education cards that contain at least two of the following: (1) name, (2) photo, or (3) ID number - Digital identity, including passwords Content that shares other people's medical/psychological, biometric/genetic information, or official documents Content that facilitates identity theft by sharing personally identifiable information through external links Content that facilitates identity theft by sharing an organization's or business's confidential financial information Content that facilitates identity theft by disclosing the following personal financial information (whether it pertains to oneself or others): - Bank account and/or card information - Financial records combined with account information Content that facilitates identity theft by sharing private contact information of others, defined as: - Private phone number or address - Email address, chat identity, and GOPY identity Note: The above information may be shared to promote charities, non-violent services, or to assist in finding missing people or animals. Unless in limited cases of newsworthiness, content that is claimed or confirmed to come from a hacked source, regardless of whether the affected person is a public figure or a private individual Content that identifies individuals by their name and description of personal information, including: - Driver's license, government-issued identification other than a driver's license, green card, or entry permit - Marriage certificate, birth certificate, and name change certificate - Digital identity, including passwords - License plates Content that displays the external view of private residences if all of the following conditions apply: - The residence is a single-family home, or the resident's unit number is identified in the image/caption - The city or neighborhood is identified - The content identifies the resident(s) - The resident(s) object to the exposure of their private residence Content that exposes a law enforcement officer's confidential status if: - The content contains the agent's full name or other explicit identification and explicitly mentions their undercover status - The imagery identifies the faces of the law enforcement personnel and explicitly mentions their undercover status Content that discloses safehouse information by sharing any of the following, unless the safehouse actively promotes its location, contact information, or types of services and protections it offers through comments, posts, Pages, or Groups: - The physical address of the safehouse (note: 'Post Box only' is allowed) - Images of the safehouse - Identifiable province/city/neighborhood of the safehouse - Information exposing the identity of the safehouse residents The following content may also be removed: A reported photo or video of people where the person depicted in the image is: - A minor under thirteen years old, and the content was reported by the minor or a parent or legal guardian - A minor between thirteen and eighteen years old, and the content was reported by the minor - An adult, where the content was reported by the adult from outside Vietnam, and applicable law may provide rights to removal - Any person who is incapacitated and unable to report the content on their own
Section 3: Objectionable Content
1. Hate Speech Policy Rationale Hate speech is not allowed on GOPY as it fosters intimidation, exclusion, and can incite offline violence. We define hate speech as direct attacks on individuals based on protected characteristics, which include race, ethnicity, national origin, disability, religious affiliation, caste, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, and serious disease. We also provide protection to refugees, migrants, immigrants, and asylum seekers against severe attacks, while allowing commentary and criticism of immigration policies. Aggression is categorized into three levels of severity as described below. We acknowledge that people sometimes share content containing someone else's hate speech to condemn it or raise awareness. In certain cases, speech that may otherwise violate our standards can be used self-referentially or in an empowering way. Our policies aim to accommodate such instances but require clear indication of intent. If intent is unclear, we may remove the content. Additionally, when real identities are used, individuals tend to be more responsible when sharing comments related to these topics. Furthermore, funny and social comments related to these topics are allowed. Do not post: Tier 1 Content targeting a person or group of people based on their protected characteristics or immigration status with: - Written or visual support for violent speech. - Dehumanizing language or imagery that compares, generalizes, or makes unqualified behavioral statements about: - Insects. - Animals culturally perceived as intellectually or physically inferior. - Filth, bacteria, disease, and feces. - Sexual predators. - Subhumanity. - Violent and sexual criminals. - Other criminals (e.g., ""thieves,"" ""bank robbers,"" or claiming ""All [protected characteristic or quasi-protected characteristic] are 'criminals'""). - Statements denying existence. - Mocking the concept, events, or victims of hate crimes, even without depicting real individuals in an image. - Designated dehumanizing comparisons, generalizations, or behavioral statements (in written or visual form). Tier 2 Content targeting a person or group of people based on their protected physical deficiencies, including insults or images that imply their physical, mental, or moral inadequacy. Physical deficiencies include: - Hygiene-related insults (e.g., filthy, dirty, smelly). - Physical appearance insults (e.g., ugly, hideous). Mental deficiencies include: - Insults related to intellectual capacity (e.g., dumb, stupid, idiots). - Insults related to education (e.g., illiterate, uneducated). - Insults related to mental health (e.g., mentally ill, retarded, crazy, insane). Moral deficiencies include: - Derogatory terms related to negative character traits (e.g., coward, liar, arrogant, ignorant). - Derogatory terms related to sexual activity (e.g., whore, slut, perverts). - Other statements of inferiority, such as expressions of being less than adequate or comparisons to other protected characteristics suggesting superiority or inferiority. - Expressions of contempt (in written or visual form), including self-admission to intolerance based on protected characteristics, expressions that a protected characteristic shouldn't exist, expressions of hate, expressions of dismissal, and expressions of disgust. Tier 3 Exclusion in the form of calls for action, statements of intent, aspirational or conditional statements, or statements advocating or supporting: - Explicit exclusion, such as expulsion or denial of certain groups. - Political exclusion, including denying the right to political participation. - Economic exclusion, such as denying access to economic entitlements or limiting participation in the labor market. - Social exclusion, including denying access to physical and online spaces and social services. - Discussion on immigration policies and debates on restrictions are allowed. Content that negatively targets people with slurs, where slurs are defined as inherently offensive words used as insulting labels for the aforementioned protected characteristics.
2. Violence and Criminal Behavior Policy Rationale We remove content that glorifies violence or celebrates the suffering or humiliation of others as it creates a discouraging and harmful environment. However, we allow graphic content (with limitations) to raise awareness about important issues such as human rights abuses or acts of terrorism. We understand that people have varying sensitivities towards graphic and violent content. Therefore, we add warning labels to particularly graphic or violent content, making it inaccessible to individuals under the age of eighteen and providing an alert about the nature of the content before viewing. Do not post: Images depicting violent treatment of real people or animals, accompanied by comments or subscribers describing: - Pleasure with painful scenes. - Enjoyment of humiliation. - Sexual excitement with pain. - Comments supporting violence or suggesting the poster is sharing the scene for personal satisfaction. - Videos showing dying, injured, or deceased people. - Dismemberment, unless in a medical context. - Images showing visible internal organs or partially decomposed bodies. - Images of charred or burning people, except in the context of cremation or self-immolation as a form of political speech or newsworthy event. - Victims of cannibalism. - Throat-slitting. Videos or images describing non-sexual child abuse, which includes: - Repeated kicking, hitting, slapping, or stepping on by an adult or animal. - Strangulation or suffocation by an adult or animal. - Submersion in water by an adult or animal. - Biting by an adult or animal. - Poisoning by an adult. - Forced holding by an adult. - Burning or cutting by an adult. - Forced smoking of cigarettes. - Throwing, turning, or shaking an infant (too young to stand) by grasping their wrists/ankles, arms/legs, or neck. We may remove videos and photos of a violent death upon the request of a family member. For the following, we're adding a warning screen to inform people that the content may be offensive. Additionally, we're limiting access to adults (age 18 and over) only: - Images of a person being dismembered, unless in a medical context. - Dismemberment. - Images showing visible internal organs or partially decomposed bodies. - Images of charred or burning people, except in the context of cremation or self-immolation as a form of political speech or newsworthy event. - Victims of cannibalism. - Throat-slitting. - Images containing dying, injured, or deceased people. - Images containing animals. Animal abuse is defined as: - Constantly kicking or hitting an animal. - Torturing an animal. - Biting an animal with abusive intent. - Imagery of animal fights with visible innards or dismemberment, except in the wild. - Videos depicting humans killing animals without explicit context of manufacturing, hunting, or food consumption, processing, or preparation. - Imagery showing the violent death of a person or people due to accident or murder. - Imagery showing acts of torture committed against a person or people. - Videos depicting bullying or physical violence against minors in the context of a fight, shared with condemning captions. - Photos and videos of foreign objects (other than medical instruments) unintentionally inserted or trapped inside a person/animal, causing serious injury. For the following, we're adding a warning screen to inform people that the content may be sensitive: - Embryo images showing: - Dismemberment. - Context of abortion. - Images of babies in a discarded context. - Photos and videos of animals in the context of ritual slaughter, involving dismemberment, dissection, or charring by fire. - Images of organs in the context of childbirth. - Images of foreign objects (other than medical instruments) inserted or implanted through the skin as desired by an individual in a religious or cultural context.
3. Adult Nudity and Sexual Activity Policy Rationale We restrict the display of nudity or sexual activity as some members of our community may find this content sensitive. Additionally, we default to removing sexual imagery to prevent the sharing of non-consensual or underage content. Restrictions on the display of sexual activity also apply to digitally created content, unless it is posted for educational, humorous, or satirical purposes. Our policies regarding nudity have evolved to become more nuanced over time. We recognize that nudity can be shared for various reasons, such as protest, raising awareness, or educational and medical purposes. In cases where the intent is clear, we make allowances for such content. For example, while we restrict some images of female breasts that include the nipple, we allow other images that depict acts of protest, women actively engaged in breastfeeding, and photos showing post-mastectomy scarring. Images depicting visible genitalia or the anus in the context of birth, after-birth moments, or health-related situations include a warning label to alert people that the content may be sensitive. We also permit photographs of paintings, sculptures, and other forms of art that depict nude figures. Do not post: Images of real nude adults, where nudity is defined as: - Visible genitalia, except in the context of giving birth, after-birth moments, or health-related situations (e.g., gender confirmation surgery, examination for cancer or disease prevention/assessment). - Visible anus and/or fully nude close-ups of buttocks, unless digitally modified on a public figure. - Uncovered female nipples, except in the context of breastfeeding, giving birth, after-birth moments, health-related situations (e.g., post-mastectomy, breast cancer awareness, or gender confirmation surgery), or acts of protest. Sexual activity, including: - Sexual intercourse. - Explicit sexual intercourse, defined as mouth or genitals entering or making contact with another person's genitals or anus, where at least one person's genitals are nude. - Implied sexual intercourse, defined as mouth or genitals entering or making contact with another person's genitals or anus, even when the contact is not directly visible, except in cases of sexual health context, advertisements, recognized fictional images, or with indicators of fiction. - Implied stimulation of genitalia/anus, defined as stimulating genitalia/anus or inserting objects into genitalia/anus, even when the activity is not directly visible, except in cases of sexual health context, advertisements, recognized fictional images, or with indicators of fiction. Other sexual activities, including (but not limited to): - Erections. - Presence of by-products of sexual activity. - Stimulating genitals or anus, even if above or under clothing. - Use of sex toys, even if above or under clothing. - Stimulation of naked human nipples. - Squeezing female breasts, defined as a grabbing motion with curved fingers that shows both marks and clear shape change of the breasts. We allow squeezing in breastfeeding contexts. Fetish content that involves: - Acts likely to lead to the death of a person or animal. - Dismemberment. - Cannibalism. - Feces, urine, spit, snot, menstruation, or vomit. Digital content that meets our definition of sexual activity, unless any of the following are present: - Content with sexual activity (sex or other sexual activities) is not displayed directly. - Content posted in a satirical or humorous context. - Content posted in an educational or scientific context. - The image is not highly detailed, and only the body shape or outline can be seen.
4. Sexual Solicitation Policy Rationale As stated in Section 8 of our Community Guidelines (Sexual Exploitation of Adults), GOPY recognizes the importance of discussing and raising awareness about sexual violence and exploitation. We want to allow for this discussion while maintaining a safe and respectful environment. However, we draw the line when content on our platform facilitates, encourages, or coordinates sexual encounters or commercial sexual services between adults, such as prostitution or escort services. We also restrict sexually explicit language that may lead to solicitation to ensure that our global community can connect and engage without discomfort. Do not post: Attempted coordination or recruitment for adult sexual activities, including but not limited to: - Filmed sexual activities. - Pornographic activities, strip club shows, live sex performances, erotic dances. - Sexual, erotic, or tantric massages. Explicit sexual solicitation by offering or asking for: - Sex or sexual partners. - Sex chat or conversations. - Nude photos/videos/imagery. Content that meets both of the following criteria: Criterion 1: Offer or Ask - Content that implicitly or indirectly offers or asks for sexual solicitation, typically through providing a method of contact. - Nudity, or - Sex or a sexual partner, or - Talking about sex. Criterion 2: Suggestive Elements - Content that makes the aforementioned offer or ask using sexually suggestive elements, such as: - Contextually specific and commonly sexual emojis or emoji strings, or - Regional sexualized slang, or - Content that mentions or depicts suggestions of sexual activity, including sexual roles, positions, sex scenes, arousal, sexual acts (intercourse or masturbation), or - Content depicting sexual activity (hand-drawn, digital, or real-world art) implicitly or indirectly. -Images of real nude people masked with body parts, objects, or digital masking, including panoramic shots of bare buttocks, are considered infringing. - Content is considered infringing when it meets Criterion 1 (suggestion or request) and implies or indirectly offers/requests sexual solicitation. - For example, content would not be infringing if it was a hand-drawn image depicting sexual activity but did not offer or request sexual solicitation. Suggestions or requests for other adult activities, such as: - Commercial pornography. - Nudity, unless the modeling context is clear. Pornography that provides offensive detail rather than simply mentioning: - A state of sexual arousal (wetness or erection). - The act of having sex (intercourse, masturbation, or performing sex scenes).
5. Cruelty and Indelicacy Policy Rationale We strongly believe in fostering an environment where people can freely share and connect without feeling targeted based on their vulnerable characteristics. Therefore, we maintain higher standards for what we consider cruel and insensitive content. Cruel and insensitive content is defined as content that targets victims of serious physical or emotional harm. Do not post: Content that depicts a real person and laughs or makes fun of that person's premature death or implies that the person will die, have a serious or critical illness or disability, be sexually touched without consent, or be subjected to domestic violence or serious bodily injury.
Section 4: Integrity and Authenticity
1. Spam Policy Rationale We are dedicated to minimizing the spread of commercial spam in order to prevent deceptive advertising, fraud, and security breaches. Such content not only creates a negative user experience but also distracts individuals from engaging authentically within online communities. We strictly prohibit the use of false or inaccurate information to manipulate likes, followers, or shares. Do not post: Engaging in artificial methods to increase engagement in exchange for financial gain Creating or utilizing fake accounts or compromising someone else's account to: - Impersonate or pretend to be a business, organization, public figure, or individual - Initiate connections, create content, or send messages to people - Restrict access to content by requiring likes, shares, or recommendations before viewing - Encouraging likes, shares, or clicks based on false pretenses Engaging in harmful practices related to login or personally identifiable information, such as: - Attempting to collect or share login or personally identifiable information - Using someone else's login or personally identifiable information without permission - Making false promises regarding non-existent features of GOPY
2. False News Policy Rationale Authenticity is crucial within our community. We believe that individuals are more accountable for their words and actions when they use their real identities. For this reason, we require people to connect on GOPY using the names they use in their daily lives. Our authentication policy aims to create a safe environment where trust can be established and maintained. Do not: Misrepresent your identity by: - Using a name that does not comply with our name policy - Providing false date of birth Misuse our profile product by: - Creating a profile for individuals under 13 years old - Maintaining multiple accounts - Creating a fake profile - Sharing an account with someone else - Creating another account after being banned from using GOPY - Evading the registration requirement stated in our Terms of Service Impersonate others by: - Using their pictures with the clear intention of deceiving people - Creating a fake profile or speaking on behalf of another person or entity - Creating a fake Page or speaking on behalf of another person or entity without authorization Posting images that may mislead people about the content's source if: - The entity or authorized representative has objected to such content - There is a risk of harm to individuals Engaging in fraud, including creating, administering, or maintaining: - Fake accounts - Accounts with fake names - Accounts that participate, or claim to participate, in collaborating to commit fraud (e.g., multiple accounts that work together to mislead people about the content's source, mislead people about the landing page of external links, or deceive people to encourage sharing, liking, or clicking on content) - Misleading people to conceal or facilitate violations of other Community Guidelines policies.
3. Fake News Policy Rationale Reducing the spread of false news on GOPY is a responsibility that we take seriously. We also recognize that this is a challenging and sensitive issue. We want to help people stay informed without stifling productive public discourse. There is also a fine line between false news and satire or opinion. For these reasons, we don't remove false news from GOPY but instead significantly reduce its distribution by showing it lower in the News Feed. We are working to build a more informed community and reduce the spread of false news in a number of different ways, namely by: - Disrupting economic incentives for people, Pages, and domains that propagate misinformation - Using various signals, including feedback from our community, to inform a machine learning model that predicts which stories may be false - Reducing the distribution of content rated as false by independent third-party fact-checkers - Empowering people to decide for themselves what to read, trust, and share by providing them with more context and promoting news literacy - Collaborating with academics and other organizations to help solve this challenging issue.
Section 5: Respecting Intellectual Property
1. Intellectual Property Policy Rationale GOPY takes intellectual property rights seriously and believes they are important for promoting expression, creativity, and innovation in our community. You own all the content and information you post on GOPY, and you have control over how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. However, before sharing content on GOPY, please ensure that you have the right to do so. We kindly request that you respect the copyrights, trademarks, and other legal rights of others. We are committed to assisting individuals and organizations in promoting and protecting their intellectual property rights. GOPY's Terms of Service prohibit the posting of content that infringes upon someone else's intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark. In our Transparency Report, which is published twice a year, we provide information about intellectual property-related reports we receive. Upon receiving a report from the right holder or authorized representative, we will promptly remove or restrict content that involves: - Copyright infringement - Trademark infringement
Section 6: Content-Related Requests and Decisions
1. User Requests We comply with the following user requests: - User requests for the removal of their own account. - Requests for the removal of a deceased user's account from a verified immediate family member or executor. - Requests for the removal of an incapacitated user's account from an authorized representative.
2. Additional Protection of Minors We comply with the following: - Requests for the removal of an underage account. - Government requests for the removal of child abuse imagery depicting acts such as beating by an adult or strangling or suffocating by an adult. - Legal guardian requests for the removal of attacks on unintentionally famous minors.